This quick and easy cherry trifle is the perfect end to your summer barbecue, whether you end up indoors or not. We use clotted, or extra thick cream, so you don't even need to whip the cream. Bring the ingredients to room temperature before assembling the dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
8 boudoir biscuits
1 tbsp. amaretto or brandy
250 g fresh ripe cherries
3 tbsp. good cherry jam
400 g tin custard
250 g clotted or extra thick cream
- Break the biscuits into 4 medium sized glasses.
- Pour a tablespoon of liqueur onto each glass; you can use juice or any non-alcoholic substitute if you like.
- Add about 4 to 5 cherries. To remove the stone, just squeeze the cherry in half and pull out the stone. If you do this over the glass, you can catch the juice too. Just make sure that no stones go in the glass.
- Mix the jam with 1 tablespoon boiling water to make a sauce.
- Drizzle half into the glass.
- Add half of the custard, then half of the cream.
- Add more cherries, jam, and custard, then cream.
- Top with a cherry, flaked almonds and stick in a piece of flake.