Sticky sausages with roasted plums and red onions
- 500g pork sausage links
- 4 x red onions, quartered
- 2 x bay leaves
- 8 x plums, halved
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x tbsp cooking oil
A perfect one step dish to pop in the oven on a chilly autumn night. Softly roasted plums add a fruity tang that makes a change from the usual apple, and onions with sausages just go without saying. Cooked slowly to a crisp yet sticky exterior and softly yielding flesh, these are perfect for stuffing in a bread bun or alongside creamy mash.
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C.
2. Place all of the prepared ingredients in a roasting tray, season with salt and pepper, and then drizzle with oil.
3. Bake for around 45 minutes so that the plums are softly squishy and the sausages gloriously browned.
4. Pile into buns, watching out for plum stones, or serve with mash/baked potatoes.
5. Best eaten outside in the cold autumn night.PRINT RECIPE